Saturday, May 20, 2017

An Unblemished Kingdom

Sky
—Poems and Visuals by D.R. Wagner, Locke, CA



AGAIN

The morning comes again,
Struggling to have us believe
Everything is new once again.

All is new.  An unblemished kingdom.
You have never walked here before.
We have been told that long ago
All of this was a dream.

Today, I will dream you
And I will dream myself,
So that we may walk together
Along the edge of the sea.

We will be able to sing songs
To one another and listen
To the waves hiss toward our feet.

By evening all will seem
To have been pure magic.
We will pass the gates of sleep
Again.  The morning comes again.

Everything is new once again.



 Moon on My Computer



A PRIVATE RIVER

The moon creeping around
As if it thought I was waiting
For anything to be real.
The blanket still warm enough.

You don’t know what you
Are doing here, do you?
How you are with me
Still listening to the
Song that moon makes when it lifts
Above the trees.  I see you.

This is going to feel like
We’re dancing.  I won’t apologize.

Don’t worry.  You won’t remember
This anymore than that horse who
Gave his harness bells a shake.

If you lift your eyes you can see
The flashing lights of the police cars.
You’re not supposed to be here.
Let’s open the entire
Moment up completely.

They will see the car doors
Open, us dancing to the radio
As the city flickers and swells
In July, across any distance.



 Light Cube



BLUE QUARTZ

I got shell shocked
In the middle of the night.
I was glowing like blue quartz.
I stood up for the fight.
I opened up the picture frame.
I opened up the gun.
The one with the pearl handle
That you had gifted to your son.

You reminded me that this would happen
But I couldn’t hear you out.
I was spitting teeth into the street.
The ghosts began to shout.

Don’t touch a thing within this room,
They don’t mean a thing, they say.
I jumped into the blue coupe.
I had warned you that you’d pay.

I could feel the bat escape my hand
As I struggled to my feet.
Do not come one step closer.
Keep your hands off of the meat.

No one really means it now.
It’s just a room without a door.
It’s just the way the pitch
Intrudes this time around.
Now get up off that floor.



 My Bedroom Looking East



LOVE POEM

Last night your hair
Had nothing to do with you.

It really didn’t need you at all.
But I was happy for that
Moment, maybe eight bars.

The house and garden were there.
I could see the release.
It was just a muted trumpet
Trying to find any language
That would mean something
More than these stupid words.



 Living Room



WAITING FOR ROBERT FROST

I was ready to go with you
To the spring to brush
The leaves away.

I must have rubbed my eyes
Just before you came that day.

I was up by roots and dark
Foliage wrapped itself
Around me and I became
The Spring and looked up
To see you staring at me
As the moment declared
Such pools to be.



 Roses



FIREWORKS

I speak with the dreams
My own dreams have.
They are a perfection
That dismisses everything
You may imagine about me.

I know you do not imagine
Anything about me but
The atmosphere here
Is full of volcanoes and
Such magnificent fireworks.

I know they can be nothing
Else but the brightness of the moment
That you are here.






TIME CAN DO SO MUCH

Joni Mitchell never kissed me.
I always thought she would.
I even thought we might be lovers
But I never knew about
How high mountains could be
Or that her voice could really be anywhere,
Couldn’t it?   Nothing lasts for long.

Last time I looked I was still
Floating over Canada
Thinking I would see her
At any moment.



 From a Russian Fairy Tale



Today’s LittleNip:

There are things to confess that enrich the world, and things that need not be said.

—Joni Mitchell



 Local T-Rex and Friend



—Medusa, with thanks to D.R. Wagner for today’s poems and visuals!



 Banner for Asian Festival in Locke Today.
Celebrate poetry! And visit the Locke Asian Pacific 
Festival in Locke, CA today, 11-4pm 
then come back to Sacramento for Sacramento Voices 
with Jan Haag, Pat Wentzel, Haley Veith plus open mic, 
4:30-6pm at the Sac. Poetry Center, 25th & R Sts.








Photos in this column can be enlarged by clicking on them once,
then click on the X in the top right corner to come back
to Medusa.