Wednesday, June 01, 2005

And Now For Something Completely Different

There comes a time in one's life when heretofore irrelevancies become quite, well, relevant. Here is another sample from Snake 6, this time from Sacramento poet Anatole Lubovich, who tells it like it is...

COLONOSCOPY

It's alimentary,
yes, my dear Watson. Please
lower your briefs and pre-
sent your behind.

Illuminational
hose with a flashlight will
analyze clues where the
sun doesn't shine.

Well, I warned you. We write what we know...

The question has come up as to submitting poetry to Medusa's Kitchen; the answer is YES. Do it! I think we can be more informal about it, though, than stuff for the press. Just e-mail me ditties from time to time. You retain the rights.

And I can also use notices about readings and other poetry events, as long as you send them to me with specific instructions to put them in the Kitchen.

Now it's back to typing. This Snake issue is gargantuan—but hopefully illuminational, and not alimentary.

Medusa